Ku'Damm Karrée North, Berlin
Mars Propco 1 S.a.r.l., 8008 Capellen, Luxemburg
Cells Bauwelt GmbH
BeMo Tunnelling GmbH, Niederlassung West
Ground Engineering Berlin
in Joint Venture „KuDamm-Karree 2. BA Baugrube Nord“
with Implenia Spezialtiefbau GmbH
BeMo-Share 50 %
Start of construction
End of construction
Project total value
10 million €
Below typical inner-urban layers (up to 2.6 m thick) there are sandy and in parts gravelly soils. From a depth of approx. 7 m below ground surface there was found sandy till in different thickness, which was penetrated by large areas of sand- und gravel, followed by densely layered sand in deep underground.
Ground water level of less than 4,0 m below ground.
Total building pit for the construction of two buildings with 6 floors each and one 1-floor-building for entrance area.
Main works containing:
• Diaphragm wall 6,300 m² d = 80 cm
• Jet grouting sole 5,400 m²
• Strand anchors approx. 350 pieces
• GeWi-Piles approx. 600 pieces
(temporary and permanent)
The work includes:
• Detailed Design
• Examination for explosive ordnance
Earthworks were directly awarded by the client (no part of the contractors works)
Difficulties arise from:
• Inner-city location
• Late presence of neighbour law agreements and therefore a very flexible planning
• Earthworks and demolition work (approx. 70,000 m³) were directly signed by the client, that is why additional interfaces and increased coordination effort were required.