Small Hydropower Plant Argenbach
Lot 2, Pipe Tunnel
Vorarlberger Kraftwerke AG
BeMo Tunnelling GmbH
6883 Au, Vorarlberg
Start of construction
End of construction
Project total value
10.6 million €
Parts of stone layer series of “Helvetikum”, “Ultrahelvetikum” and “Vorarlberger Flyschzone”, which are characterized by a lot of marl clay, marl, sand stones and lime as well as transition areas between these geological formations.
• Main construction work, lot 2
• Portal cutting at the lower portal Hmax 19.50 m
• Pipe umbrella in loose stone layers Length 20.00 m
• Pipe tunnel with sprayed concret lining:
Length: 2,010.00 m
cross-section: 30.00 m²
Gradient: 4.3 %
• Conventional driving / complete excavation:
- thereof in blast method: 1,990.00 m
- thereof in soft ground drilling 20.00 m
driving classes are designed from sprayed vault cover without Anchors up to a two-layer development with arches and anchor systems.
Further project related information
Power plant facilities of the small hydropower plant Argenbach are situated at an altitude between 787,31 and 1031,50 m above Adrian Sea level.
Road access to the tunnel portal is situated on 940 m above Adrian Sea level and will be provided by a forest road.